The OFVM Production Award provides production support and equipment for up to 10 projects per year. The awards are offered three times per year with at least 3 productions selected each time. The scheme is open to OFVM course participants and people living in Oxfordshire (and near bordering counties) and offers access to OFVM resources,equipment and production support. Applications are welcome from all types of projects, e.g. drama, documentary, experimental and dance; they can be film, digital video or new media.
OFVM’s executive committee (as well as guest panellists) will select the projects that will receive the bursaries. Unsuccessful applicants will be given feedback as to why the panel didn’t put forward their project and suggestions as to how to strengthen their application.
- The award is a production bursary to enable filmmakers, digital creators, animators and dance film-makers create new work.
- The award is designed to assist with the production costs and offer support with production management and organisation.
- When you receive an award, you will be given free access to equipment and resources to help you make your film.
- The award is to promote talent and new ideas. Some training or production experience would be beneficial but not entirely necessary.
- OFVM Production Award is an equipment/resource award – not a monetary award.
- Applicants can apply for production equipment (camera, lights, sound, etc.)
- Applicants can apply for post-production (editing)
- Applicants can apply for a combination of both.
- To apply,you or crew members need to be living in Oxfordshire (or near bordering counties).
- You must be able to demonstrate a basic understanding of film/video production and the commitment and time it takes.
- You must have a clear idea of how you will make your film (storyboard, script, research).
- You should have a clear idea how the award will benefit you and/or members of the crew and cast (further career ambitions, professional development).
- You should have a commitment to promoting the completed work.