Delivered by Film Oxford
PASSIONATE ABOUT FILM?
This course offers you the chance to be part of our future film industry.
We are seeking committed, talented young people between the age of 16 and 19 (16-25 with an EHCP) to be a part of the BFI Film Academy delivered by Film Oxford.
Don’t miss this fantastic opportunity to navigate your way into the film or creative industries.
As a student of the Film Academy, you will have the opportunity to gain the essential skills to enter the film industry.
- Get hands-on filmmaking experience which will help you to develop practical knowledge and skills
- Explore your own creativity and passions in a supportive and dynamic environment
- Gain invaluable experience working alongside industry professionals who are respected practitioners in their field
- Watch a range of cinema from British independent to specialised films
- Work in production teams to produce your own film
- Work towards an NCFE qualification ‘Preparing To Work In The Film Industry’
- Once you have completed the Network course, you will become part of the growing BFI Film Academy alumni network with access to great development opportunities.
Who can apply? Any young person 16-19 years (16-25 with an EHCP), passionate about film or filmmaking, storytelling or gaming and looking for a career in the film or creative industry.
There are no qualification requirements just a simple application form and we can offer support if you have educational or disability needs. Before applying, please check that you can attend all of the course dates listed below.
The course costs £25. If you are unable to pay the course fee, don’t let this discourage you from applying as costs can be waived. Bursaries for travel and childcare are also available if you require assistance with these costs.
If you have already completed a BFI Film Academy or you are studying at University, unfortunately you are not able to apply. Students on Further Education courses or Sixth Form are eligible.
In response to the Covid 19 pandemic all studio and location based activity will comply with Covid Safe requirements.
When: The Course will run through October/November 2022 and will take place at weekends and during half term week.
October 2022: 15th, 16th, 24th, 25th, 26th, 27th.
November 2022: 5th, 6th.
If you are having difficulties filling the form online, have any questions or need more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 2nd October 2022, 23:59pm