PASSIONATE ABOUT FILM?
This course offers you the chance to be part of our future film industry.
APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN – Apply by Friday 9th October.
We are seeking committed, talented young people between the age of 16 and 19 to be a part of the BFI Film Academy delivered by Film Oxford.
Don’t miss this fantastic opportunity to navigate your way into the film or creative industries.
As a student of the Film Academy, you will have the opportunity to gain the essential skills to enter the film industry.
- Get hands-on filmmaking experience which will help you to develop practical knowledge and skills
- Explore your own creativity and passions in a supportive and dynamic environment
- Gain invaluable experience working alongside industry professionals who are respected practitioners in their field
- Watch a range of cinema from British independent to specialised films
- Work in production teams towards a practical film-based project
- Work towards an NCFE qualification ‘Preparing To Work In The Film Industry’
- Once you have completed the Network course, you will become part of the growing BFI Film Academy alumni network with access to opportunities such as BAFTA mentorships.
Who can apply? Any young person 16-19 years passionate about film or filmmaking, storytelling or even gaming and perhaps looking for a career in the film or creative industry.
There are no qualification requirements just a simple application form and we can offer support if you have educational or disability needs. Before applying, please check that you can attend all of the course dates listed below.
The course costs £25. If you are unable to pay the full course fee, don’t let this discourage you from applying as costs may be waived. Bursaries for travel and childcare are also available if you require assistance with these costs.
If you have already completed a BFI Film Academy or you are studying at University, unfortunately you are not able to apply. Students on Further Education courses or Sixth Form are eligible.
In response to the Covid 19 pandemic the Academy this year will be a combination of studio based and online activity. All studio based activity will comply with social distancing and Covid Safe requirements.
When: The Course will run in October and November. Most of the course taking place over half term week & weekends.
October 2020: 17th, 18th, 26th, 27th, 28th, 29th, 30th.
November 2020: 7th, 8th, 14th.
Where possible please use the on-line application form.
Closing date for applications: Friday 9th October 2020
If you have any questions or require further information email Gary Shenton at firstname.lastname@example.org