APPLICATIONS OPEN FROM JULY 2020
Sign up for our regular news letter to get current info FILM OXFORD NEWSLETTER
Passionate about film?
This course offers you the chance to be part of our future film industry
BFI Film Academy – Find Your Story
We are seeking committed, talented young people between the age of 16 and 19 to be a part of the BFI Film Academy delivered by Film Oxford.
Don’t miss this fantastic opportunity to navigate your way into the film or creative industries.
As a student of the Film Academy, you will have the opportunity to gain the essential skills to enter the film industry.
- Get hands-on filmmaking experience which will help you to develop practical knowledge and skills
- Explore your own creativity and passions in a supportive and dynamic environment
- Gain invaluable experience working alongside industry professionals who are respected practitioners in their field
- Watch a range of cinema from British independent to specialised films
- Work in production teams towards a practical film-based project
- Work towards an NCFE qualification ‘Preparing To Work In The Film Industry’
- Once you have completed the Network course, you will become part of the growing BFI Film Academy alumni network with access to opportunities such as BAFTA mentorships.
The course will cost around £25. If you are unable to pay the full course fee, don’t let this discourage you from applying as costs may be waived. Bursaries for travel and childcare are also available if you require assistance with these costs. For more information about bursaries click HERE.
Who can apply? Any young person 16-19 years passionate about film or filmmaking, storytelling or even gaming and perhaps looking for a career in the film or creative industry.
There are no qualification requirements just a simple application form and we can offer support if you have specific educational needs. Before applying, please check that you can attend all of the course dates listed below. If you have already completed a BFI Film Academy or you are studying at University, unfortunately you are not able to apply.
You could also apply for one of the seven BFI intensive residential programmes. Courses last between one and two weeks and are designed to develop more specialist film making skills. You will work closely with leading industry professionals who will give you a unique insight into the film making business and guide you along the way.
When: The Course will run in October and November. Most of the course taking place over half term week & weekends.
If you have any questions or require further information email Gary Shenton at firstname.lastname@example.org