Technical support volunteers at Film Oxford
Film Oxford has an opening for a volunteer/s to assist with technical support and related activities at our busy training and production centre.
The role would support the Production and Training managers in film and video equipment maintenance and upkeep, computer management and other related technical work.
Ideally the candidate will have some knowledge of current digital video practice and is eager to progress their technical skills.
The technical support role would be for a minimum of 10 hours per week and would include day and occasional evening activities.
We are looking for a volunteer who possesses good organisational skills, who is self-motivated, reliable and is eager to learn.
If required, Film Oxford will provide appropriate training to the successful candidate.
Film Oxford is a registered charity.
Duties would include:
- Set up and install equipment such as microphones, sound speakers, video screens, projectors, video monitors, recording equipment, connecting wires and cables for events and screenings.
- Set up and operate video equipment.
- Set up and operate sound equipment
- Set up and operate lighting equipment
- Maintain a clean and tidy equipment store
- Clean audio and video equipment and store properly.
- Test and resolve equipment issues.
- Diagnose and correct media system problems.
- Send in equipment for repairs as needed.
- Compress and digitize audio and video data.
- Ensure the safe storage and integrity of data.
- Maintain inventory of equipment.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and a brief covering email to:
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 13th May 2015.