Adobe Premiere Editing course is a practical hands-on course designed for Adults (18+) looking to edit their video using Adobe Premiere Pro software (beginners or improvers). Over the weekend, we will discuss all aspects of the video post-production stage using the popular desk-top editing software Adobe Premiere Pro. This is used by TV companies such as the BBC, in movie production, corporate videos, and filmmakers creating short films.
Learn how to import footage and edit, explore transitions, titling, sound editing, and effects. Throughout the course, the tutor will advise students on their own projects and ideas (subject to time constraints). Good general computer skills required; aimed at people new to Premiere who are generally confident at learning new software (also suitable for people with some limited Premiere experience but want to improve). The software runs on MAC or PC.
Maximum class size 7 participants.
Covid-19: Safety is a high priority. This course will follow public health regulations as prescribed by the government. The teaching space will be well ventilated. The wearing of face coverings is advised but optional.
Course Tutor: Andy Hall
Adobe Premiere editing course outline
Course content may change according to participants needs.
Subjects covered include:
Audio editing, Transitions & Effects, Picture editing, Titling, Preparing and Importing film files, Managing Projects Effectively.
- Intro to digital editing systems, history and context
- Intro to premiere interface and layout, Timeline, Project window and the playback windows
- The first exercise, getting familiar with moving clips on the timeline
- Setting up your computer to run premiere
- Importing files & file management (also the importance of logging)
- Defining clips in source monitor (mark in. mark out)
- Start the main exercise
- Recap and Q&A
- Trimming – with practice
- Titling – with practice
- Titling effects, effects window, keyframes, adding motion – with practice
- Sound – Audio editing in Premiere Pro – with practice
- Effects and Transitions – e.g. colour balance and dissolves – with practice
- Use of stills within Premiere Pro and Keyboard Shortcuts
- Exporting to different file formats – learners make a master file of their exercise
- Q&A – Your tutor will answer specific questions from learners and demonstrate advanced features (time for this depends on how quickly learners complete exercises)
- Recap – feedback from students, where next, After effects, Adobe TV, Free trial/buying Premiere Pro
Early booking discount & concessions
Early Booking – Book early to get 10% reduction on the full price course fee. See the date at top right of this page (usually two weeks before the course start date, but may vary).
Concessions – UK based Students, NHS workers and people on some means-tested benefits. Evidence is required, such as student card, NHS staff card or benefit letter.
Means tested benefits – JSA, Income Support; Working Tax Credit (not child tax credit); Council Tax Benefit (not student/single person/reduction due to disability); Housing Benefit; Pension Credit (guarantee); Unwaged Dependent of these benefits & Universal Credit.
Film Oxford’s classroom-based courses are subsidised by Oxfordshire Adult Learning and are for Adults (18+)
Concession, Full price